- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Grief and Loss
- Relationships and Communication
Dr. Brown has held leadership positions with the Society of Counseling Psychology, has served as a reviewer of scientific journal articles, and dedicated much time to LGBTQIA+ organizations.
Dr. Colton Brown
First and foremost, I’ll work to create a strong, authentic relationship worthy of your trust as your therapist. I also emphasize the importance of everyone being treated with dignity and healing with laughter.
My goal is that you feel seen, safe, and understood. From there, you and I will come to define what it means for you to live a wholehearted life and more successfully manage the stress that we all face at times.
I focus on helping my clients feel comfortable through connection and humorColton Brown, Ph.D. Therapist Charlotte
Through therapy, I hope that you come to understand that you deserve to be cared for and are comfortable caring for others. We’ll focus on accepting where you currently are in life while believing there are opportunities to be in a healthier place — and we’ll work together on getting you there.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the Oklahoma State University
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- M.S. in Educational Psychology from the Oklahoma State University
- B.A. in Psychology and Sociology from the Georgia State University