- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Grief and Loss
- Relationships and Communication
Dr. Drinkwater conducted psychotherapy research at Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard Medical School and was active in university campus initiatives to advocate for students and help those dealing with grief and loss.
Dr. Robert Drinkwater
Co-Founder, Therapy Group of Charlotte
As your therapist, I’ll work to build a secure, empathetic, warm, and collaborative environment for you. That will be the starting point for helping you to build a more balanced, intentional, and fulfilled life.
Assisting you to define and meet your goals is what I love about being a therapist. I’ll do this by guiding and supporting you to recognize and change patterns in your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are causing your distress and making you feel stuck.
I hope that my clients will learn to exist more fully in the world and, through that process, develop greater self-esteem and confidence in themselves and their abilities.Robert Drinkwater, Ph.D. Therapist Charlotte
I love being able to establish safe, authentic, and meaningful relationships with others in therapy. I have seen over and over again how that translates into lasting, positive gains and changes.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Psychotherapy at the Cambridge Health Alliance/Harvard Medical School
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the Oklahoma State University
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the American University
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the Appalachian State University
- B.A. in Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill