- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and Sadness
- Diversity and Cultural Identity
- Grief and Loss
- Relationships and Communication
Dr. Keeton has been a director in college counseling centers and an adjunct faculty member of a top counseling psychology program. She is also a published author of peer-reviewed studies on mental health and psychotherapy.
Dr. Paula Keeton
While beginning therapy can be intimidating or scary to folks, I deeply admire someone willing to take the leap and be in the presence of their discomfort. Working together, we’ll uncover the things that motivate, sustain, and bring you greater satisfaction in life.
My therapy style is relatively straightforward. I will help you focus on and name current and past hurts and concerns. I do this to help you gain relief from emotional pain, improve your relationships, and increase self-esteem and self-acceptance.
My hope for my patients is that they come to understand, cherish, and lean into their ambitions, strengths, and values.Paula Keeton, Ph.D. Therapist Charlotte
I find the world of psychology and therapy to be incredibly rewarding. Together you and I will identify more effective strategies to live your life aligned with your passions.
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the Indiana State University
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at the University of Iowa
- M.S. in Counseling from the Indiana State University
- B.A. in Theology with minors in Psychology and Philosophy from Saint Mary of the Woods College